1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my rabbits in the snow UPDATED PICS PAGE 4

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by LCwilson, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    nice pictures but I hope your rabbits don't end up getting frostbite in their ears from being allowed to run around out in the snow. Plus letting them roam around in chicken poo is not cool. Hopefully both the chickens and rabits are treated for coccidia, and they are not eating ach others feed. Not trying to start something, but just saying..

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    omg lovin the photo!!! [​IMG]

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

they are SO cute... [​IMG]

note to self "I must not want bunnies... I must not want bunnies... I must not ..."

5. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    awww! glad they enjoyed it!

6. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    i treat all my animals.
    i hope they dont get frostbite also but they have a shelter to go into if they choose.
    i throw them rabbit pellets but i also give them birdseed.

7. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Quote:If they were mine I'd be a little more proactive about preventing it rather than just hoping. The birdseed also isn't good for them-they're really not designed to eat and digest it, and there's a good chance you'll end up with some GI issues if you keep feeding it. They seem to be enjoying the snow, though.

8. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Quote:If they were mine I'd be a little more proactive about preventing it rather than just hoping. The birdseed also isn't good for them-they're really not designed to eat and digest it, and there's a good chance you'll end up with some GI issues if you keep feeding it. They seem to be enjoying the snow, though.

Same here. Thats why I expressed some concerns. But they are your rabbits.. I would never feed mine bird seed either. They make whole grain conditioners for rabbits that are good for them.

9. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    please close this topic moderators.

10. dbunni

dbunni Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Ohio
    Birdseed, in moderation, is fine for rabbits. If it was not the Angora rabbit industry would be in a lot of trouble. Mine ... the rabbitry is a nice sized Angora rabbitry and one of the top in the country ... get various seeds with each meal. It is built in from the day they can eat with mommy. Bird seeds not only provide nutrients for the animals, but roughage to keep the wool/fur from building up in the intestional tract. My formula was built off of the top rabbitry's many years ago. Rabbits in the wild are foragers. They eat seeds, grasses, anything that is in the ground area...even tree bark. Check your trees in the spring for the tell-tale signs of rabbits around the trunk! As with all things we feed, it is the amount. All things in moderation and noting overdone at first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by