1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My rant on LauraJeans Mayberry and my life

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rammy, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rammy

Rammy Songster

Oct 20, 2008
    You know, I found Laura's thread about her small town and I sure miss it since its been shut down because of a few complaints. I know I had to check in at least twice a day to catch up on the thread. Y'all posted alot!!! I just miss her "Mayberry"<pun on the real show> stories about some of her neighbors which I found entirely enteraining. I sure hope we could start another thread and just talk about the things that happen in our every day life, whether its significant or not.

Today, I learned to make tomatoe juice. My Mom taught me. She's been canning for years but this is something I felt I needed to learn as I think alot of skills and trades that our parents took for granted or was just common place knowledge is something many of us will need to learn again. Things like gardening and when to harvest and how to preserve. I guess Im trying to become self suffiecent. Probably why I also have chickens. Not sure I could ever process them if I had to, but then again, maybe one day I'll have to. I also learned to can green beans.
    Why do they call it canning when you put it in jars?

I am miserable at my job. Agreements made when I took the job has been changed. I have found out its mostly jealousy because I make alot as a groomer. But, the changes made werent what I agreed to when I took the job so Im considering leaving if I get another job somewhere else. I have decided I want to be happy and Im not happy anymore. Course, there's probably alot of people out there who arent happy with thier jobs but keep them as I am now because its better than being unemployed in this economy.

I have three dogs, thirteen chickens<counting the rooster who might one day take a bath in my crockpot>, too many cats to but I claim but I think around ten<two permanent indoor cats and two that go out when they want> two parakeets, one cockateil, and a horse. I have been divorced since 98. Sometimes it gets pretty lonely but I like being able to come and go as I please and nobody gets on my case if the house isnt spotless. The animals dont care.

Well, thats my ramble for the night.

Miss everyone from Lauras thread, thats why I named the topic the way I did. Hope I didnt offend anyone.

Rammy

2. Sherry

Sherry Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I too live in a very small town. I spent 20 years living just outside Washington, DC. Finally came home 4 years ago, and I love it.

Divorced last year after 21 years of marriage, know exactly what you mean about living life the way you want it. [​IMG]

Have way too many animals to list, at last count it was around 100. LOL

3. Rammy

Rammy Songster

Oct 20, 2008
    I know what you mean about the animals. My parents think I have way too many and sometimes I agree. I tell people I work for my animals. They eat before I do. Once one comes to my house, it very rarely leaves. I get too attached.
    My town isnt that small, though. Its fairly big but I live in the country and its nice and quiet out here. Heck, across the street is a cown pasture. You see alot of critters out here, some not so nice to the chickens. [​IMG]
    Neighbors next to me are a pain. [​IMG] They got thier nose out of joint over property corners not being where they thought they were and were given the chance to dispute it but havent done so so far. Put up with some harrassement but its since died down.
    Sounds like you have your hands full too. Do you have help? Sometimes I wish I did, but as you know, nobody never takes care of them the way you would, right? [​IMG]

Hi to everyone from Laura's thread. Pinneapple, Purple, Boyd, Princess.....to name a few. Stop on by y'all.................cold drinks in the fridge, and plenty of popcorn! ![​IMG]

Rammy

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

* Do not post threads questioning moderation.
    * If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BackYardChickens staff member.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: