My Red Jungle Fowl Roo!!!

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by pheasant24, May 29, 2011.

1. pheasant24

pheasant24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    He is so pretty! My hen is settin on at least 8 eggs....and they hatch in a week! I'm so excited!
    I'm also on the look out for anyone that's got grey's so PM me if ya got any!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    cool i just got me some

3. pheasant24

May 31, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I just found out they werent Red JF...haha!

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I was looking at the photo thinking that looks like my Old English Game Roosters. Although I inherited him and others with the house I own and the previous owner said he had some red jungle fowl which ended up doing some interbreeding. As I have done some research on red jungle fowl, I found that some breeds will be called red jungle fowl, but that true red jungle fowl are hard to come by.

5. pheasant24

May 31, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    scratch'n'peck :

I was looking at the photo thinking that looks like my Old English Game Roosters. Although I inherited him and others with the house I own and the previous owner said he had some red jungle fowl which ended up doing some interbreeding. As I have done some research on red jungle fowl, I found that some breeds will be called red jungle fowl, but that true red jungle fowl are hard to come by.

ohhh....wow...that stinks! [​IMG]

6. toejam

toejam Never enough birds

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    I was told I had true junglefowl,but I'm not sure.
    They are supposedly great or just grand kids from some eggs from the San Diego zoo. I'm not claiming they are,but I was told thy were.

I will get pics after I am nearly done workin on my aviary, but I find that more important now. But pics will be soon.

7. pheasant24

May 31, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    ok thanks! that would be great!

8. Blob Chicken

Blob Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    Does the hen have a comb ??

If she does ,she's not a pure junglefowl.

9. PortugalBreeder

PortugalBreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:Easiest way to know is to wait for the end of breeding season and see if the rooster molts into eclipse plumage. BUT, I can almost guarantee this guy isn't a RJF.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  10. toejam

toejam Never enough birds

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    Well, looks like I don't. Hen has a comb. Now what do I do with them and all the eggs in the incubator? It's hard to sell mixes and I would hate to say they are junglefowl and aren't.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by