My red leghorn ADHD chick...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LovinMyPeeps, Apr 13, 2009.

1. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    I have one little red leghorn that is supposed to be a pullet... she is the most spastic little sucker you've ever met. I stick my hand in the brooder and she sprints over to me (which to me reads roo, because "she" will run toward weird noises too like if you scratch the side of the brooder). What's the deal? Are leghorns always this sketchy? She also is not really feathering out like the rest of my flock. They're supposedly the same age but my buff chants and BR's are way more advanced than she is and she pecks everything that moves (and even things that dont!).

2. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    We have a little pullet that has always been a little smaller than the rest of the flock. She is the toughest of all my chicks. I think like ppl the small ones have the Napolian complex. She will kick a roo's butt quicker than any of my girls. It's really funny. Good Luck

3. montana girl

montana girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Kalispell, Montana
    My little leghorn that I had last year was So flighty! She was jumpy and extremely brave. I thought for sure she was a rooster, but she layed beautiful eggs!

Sadly she died of unknown causes one day last summer [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by