My red sex links are escape masters!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ragerkid2, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    They get out of their brooder ALL THE TIME!!! I have it covered with boards of plywood and chicken wire. They still manage to get out. LOL. sometimes it's really annoying and I want to [​IMG]......

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am only laughing cause i have a 6 week old silver sebright bantam that does them same dang thing, and gets herself into situations that i cannot figure out...LL
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN [​IMG]

3. ragerkid2

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    [​IMG]

4. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    My frizzle was my escape master...funny thing is I think she knew she wasn't supposed to do it, and when we would check on them in the brooder she was back in there! The only reason we know one was out is cuz they pooped on the top of the brooder and a couple places on the floor around it! She was the only one that could fly like that! LOL Silly bird. We ended up having to rehome her for other reasons, but my neighbor took her and she has fit right in. I actually went next door and visited her tonight and she is very happy with the silkie my neighbor has her in with!

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Just wait until you get them into the coop and they escape the run!!! The worst part is when they stand outside of the gate and gloat about it at the top of their lungs!!! I had them beat with a fence that was 8ft high and leaned in about 30* at the top 3ft. Chickens jump from right next to the fence. With the top of the fence leaning in, they would jump into it and get knocked back down into the run.

That was until the morning glories grew up along the fence and they girls figured out how to use the vines to climb out like expert mountain climbers. [​IMG]

If you are going to have reds, put a roof on your run!!

6. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    [​IMG]
    Quote:Boy I wish I would have had the video camera the other night when something similar happened to us. We were putting the girlies up for the night and one EE didn't want to go in. I had left the door to the run open and DH was in the run. The EE comes out of the run with DH following her...runs the whole way around the coop, DH still following...runs the whole way around the run, DH following...and back in the door and up the ramp into the coop!! [​IMG] [​IMG] DH was out of breath and none to happy! [​IMG] [​IMG] I, on the other hand, almost peed myself! [​IMG] Them there chickens r fast!! [​IMG]

7. essig

essig Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Snohomish
    Out of my 21 chickens, I have only one red sex link, and she used to escape all the time. She liked to push herself under the fence. I think I have finally blocked all exits. No other chicken I have ever had can escape like she can.

8. ragerkid2

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    I have one girl inpiticular that is the worst out of the whole bunch. I'm naming her jack (captism jack sparrow) because she is slways the first one to get out. The very second I take the lid off my brooder, FLASH and she is up on top of it haha:p

9. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I named one of mine Houdini. IF it didn't have roof over it, she was getting out. And telling the whole world about it when she did!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by