My Rhode Island Red Chicks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by melovechicks, Feb 20, 2017.

1. melovechicks

melovechicks New Egg

Feb 20, 2017
    My baby Rhode Island Red chicks are very loud when I leave them. Is it important to give them a lot of attention or no

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. It can certainly help the bonding process if you spend time with them, but they will soon become accustomed to not feeling the need of your presence as they get older.

This link may be relevant to you at the moment - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-your-baby-chicks

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Chicks learn quickly how to get humans appear. They can be spoiled by too much attention. If you know they are not too hot or cold, by their behavior. If they have all eaten well, they don't need to be checked or reassured often. If you are using a red bulb in your brooder that may calm them. A white bulb confuses them about what is day and what is night & goofs up their sleep cycles.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, melovechicks, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Best wishes to you and your chicks!

5. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    x2 on the advice CTKen gave you.

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy, and welcome to the flock! Glad you decided to join us, please make yourself at home here and enjoy BYC! :frow

~Cuz

8. silkieRaiser

silkieRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2016
    Seattle, Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

when chicks are cold they will huddle near the heat lamp, and when they are hot they will move as far away as possible. hope this helps and i look forward to seeing you around!!!

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under melovehicks [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links, I will just wish you and your little ones all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by