My rir roo is a wuss

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by oldegger, Jun 27, 2008.

1. oldegger

oldegger Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Monclova, OH
    Hi everyone, being a total newbie I have been reading posts for awhile trying to get my bearings. my mixed flock is just 3 month old. 4 white leghorns, 2 red sexlinks, 1 black sexlink, 2 rir ladys and 1 large rir roo who much to my dismay( being a guy this is hard) may be displaying signs of an alturnitive life style. When first introduced to the large run he was the last one to come out of the coop. took all day. the last two hours inching his way down the ramp. He doesn't crow(well maybe twice) Some protecter of the flock!

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Maybe he's just hen pecked....

[​IMG]

3. FlockEweFarm

FlockEweFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    I have a Black Astrolorpe like this. Gaylord doesn't crow, doesn't act roostery, and about the only thing he does that lets us know for sure he is a rooster, is when my big, Barred Rock Alpha Roo got hurt, he jumped on him, once, after Dan, the other rooster, had already beaten him up. Gaylord hangs out with the hens, is a huge wuss, and other than being big, with a comb and wattles and spurs, is about as much a rooster as my 4 year old daughter.

4. supdude

supdude Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    lol hes a beta male or a gamma.

5. oldegger

May 4, 2008
    Monclova, OH
    Quote:

6. oldegger

May 4, 2008
    Monclova, OH
    Quote:I can see that with three roos. But he is the alfa dog but such ahh chicken.

P.S. You don't have an older sister jane? might of dated her way way back LOL

7. oldegger

May 4, 2008
    Monclova, OH
    Quote:more like Pi Bata Wusses

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by