My RIR's LOVED their first trip outside today! *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gumpsgirl, Apr 11, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    After some deliberation, I put my soon-to-be 4 week old chicks out today and they had a ball! It was so much fun watching them play tag with one another! One chick would find a treasure and the other's would chase it all over trying to get whatever the treasure finder had. It was so cute! Here's some pics of the great adventure outdoors!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is my Henny Penny!
    [​IMG]
    These are my 3 year-old's babies!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

great pix! THEY SHURE ARE BIG! ONLY 4 WEEKS?

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awwwww......they are so cute!!!! I like the big pink one the best tho![​IMG]

4. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    You are sooo lucky! I put my 4 weekers outside yesterday and they HATED it! Stayed in a tight bundle and cried for the whole 15 minutes. Their sucker of a momma finally brought them back inside.

Your's surely are adorable!!!

Steph

5. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    What a sweet picture of your little girl with the RIR chicks! Made me smile down deep! [​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I can't believe it! How cold was it when you put them outside? Mine when out when it was 75 degrees and then it just kept getting warmer. I think it reached around 83 degrees today! The chicks stayed out for almost 5 hours. I kept watching them to see if they were ready to come in, but they ran around the whole time! I was the one who finally decided that it was time to come in. They are sound asleep now! [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Yep! I can't believe how big they are either! I sometimes doubt my memory and go to the calendar and count my weeks to double check. They truly are only 4 weeks! [​IMG]

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Me too! Thanks! [​IMG] She's mommy and daddy's little treasure for sure!

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I can't wait to get my RIR. They are cute little birds

10. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Quote:I can't believe it! How cold was it when you put them outside? Mine when out when it was 75 degrees and then it just kept getting warmer. I think it reached around 83 degrees today! The chicks stayed out for almost 5 hours. I kept watching them to see if they were ready to come in, but they ran around the whole time! I was the one who finally decided that it was time to come in. They are sound asleep now! [​IMG]

It was about 80 out. Maybe a little warmer. I think maybe they are too used to only being let out in the living room, as they love that!!! Hehe. We just let them out again, and with my 3 kids out there they were a bit better. Still stayed near each other, though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by