My RIR's LOVED their first trip outside today! *Pic Heavy*

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
After some deliberation, I put my soon-to-be 4 week old chicks out today and they had a ball! It was so much fun watching them play tag with one another! One chick would find a treasure and the other's would chase it all over trying to get whatever the treasure finder had. It was so cute! Here's some pics of the great adventure outdoors!

DSC01869.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

This is my Henny Penny!
DSC01879.jpg

These are my 3 year-old's babies!
DSC01872.jpg

Last edited:
You are sooo lucky! I put my 4 weekers outside yesterday and they HATED it! Stayed in a tight bundle and cried for the whole 15 minutes. Their sucker of a momma finally brought them back inside.

Your's surely are adorable!!!

Steph

Quote:
I can't believe it! How cold was it when you put them outside? Mine when out when it was 75 degrees and then it just kept getting warmer. I think it reached around 83 degrees today! The chicks stayed out for almost 5 hours. I kept watching them to see if they were ready to come in, but they ran around the whole time! I was the one who finally decided that it was time to come in. They are sound asleep now!
lol.png

Quote:
Yep! I can't believe how big they are either! I sometimes doubt my memory and go to the calendar and count my weeks to double check. They truly are only 4 weeks!
smile.png

Quote:
I can't believe it! How cold was it when you put them outside? Mine when out when it was 75 degrees and then it just kept getting warmer. I think it reached around 83 degrees today! The chicks stayed out for almost 5 hours. I kept watching them to see if they were ready to come in, but they ran around the whole time! I was the one who finally decided that it was time to come in. They are sound asleep now!
lol.png

It was about 80 out. Maybe a little warmer. I think maybe they are too used to only being let out in the living room, as they love that!!! Hehe. We just let them out again, and with my 3 kids out there they were a bit better. Still stayed near each other, though.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom