My roo crowed this morning...or one of em did

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
that means i have to get rid of the one that crowed, but one problem...i dont know which of the 2 roos are crowing!!!Is there a way to make a roo crow?or do i just have to wait till the next day to find out?
I hate that i have to get rid of one of them... :thun
my parents say "Our neibors wont like hearing that everyday!!!"
rant.gif

if u ask me, their dogs are more annoying than our roosters!
tongue.gif

wow...
sad.png
not even 1 person LOOKED at my post... :thun

I looked, I just don't know how to make a rooster crow. Mine only does it first thing in the morning but is quiet otherwise, there have been times I wanted to show someone what he sounds like but there is no magic trick that I know of. Once when my dogs were outside he made a weird noise when they ran past the coop....It's a good question, maybe someone knows how to do it.
idunno.gif

seriously it had been less than 10 minutes be patient.
wink.png

There really isn't any way to make 'em crow they just crow when they want. Often times it is the more dominent one that crows first and often they are more developed in the wattles and comb. Their is no sure way other than to just watch 'em til one of 'em crows.

I read it.

I have to say. If they have barking dogs. Then keep the Roo. If there is an issue they will either let you know or the cops. If they let the cops know. they are only going to tell you to make him stop. Same as a dog. Bring him inside.

I have also heard that you can bring in the roo at night and put him in a dog crate or whatever so when he's done crowing or put him out when most people go to work.

Don't get rid of him, unless it's a law that you can't have it. His crowig is no different than a dog barking. ANd usually the roo will stop before the dog!

Mine don't stop crowing when I walk to them. So just go out there when you hear him. Maybe you'll catch him in the act!

Good luck!

Quote:
well...i dont really have enough land to have as many chickens as i do so if i get caught because of a roo...i can get in trouble cause its illegle so i kinda have to...hes very affraid of me to so its not that big of a deal, im sure someonelse will make better friends with it so im fine
smile.png

hi justino,
don't take it personally if no one responds to posts right away. lots of us have other stuff going on and it can take hours before we get back to the computer hon.

re: roosters.
bring one into the house for 24 hours and leave one out. you will hear the crowing and will be able to deterimine "which" roo it is.

good luck!

maybe you can teach the roos to bark instead of crow - not much the neighbors could say about that eh?

ha ha
seriously, good luck.
f. weeble

well...i did it!!!my parents said if it doesnt crow before they wake up?(about 7 am) and if the neibores dont complain(probally wont) i can keep roosters!!!!yay!!!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif

You could make a foam insulated box and shove the roosters in it at night. I cannot keep rooster either because they would drive the neighbors crazy. I contemplated making an insulated container that would cut down on the crowing in the morning hours but that would not solve the noise problem form an overzealous rooster who might crow now and then all the live long day.

It really disappoints me not to be able to have some of those beautiful rooster varieties I see here but I am a city dweller and that is the brakes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom