My Roo Doesn't Crow

You are SOOOOO blessed.

If you breed him and he has offspring that also don't crow, you have yourself a money maker!

I know most people would LOVE a silent roo, but I am bummed. We have only had hens and I was looking forward to the "ambiance". My hubby says with 12 hens to take care of he can't get a word in edgewise
wink.png
!

Not fair, I have a blue cochin roo still in the brooder that is practicing his (pitiful) crow already! Little Tyrant.
If yours doesn't crow, I want some of his offspring. Please

big_smile.png

Serious, if he's fertile and produces offspring that don't crow... you have a real money maker there. Could be a new gene!

Quote:
Only time will tell on the crowing. I try to teach him by example on occasion, but he just walks away. I am sure laughing. I actually wondered if he was mute, but he does "churtle".

I don't have any cochin hens so any offspring would be "mutts", but I may have to loan him out for breeding. I am sure he would be happy to cooperate!

I have a BR roo that I purchased at a feed store in April around Easter so that makes him 8 mos. old and yesterday evening I heard him crow for the first time ever . He crowed twice and not a peep since then. Boy, was it horrible though. If that's the best he can do I hope he stays quiet from now on.
gig.gif

catdaddy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom