1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My roo has a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Stephanie739, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    My cochin bantam roo has finally won over a leghorn and they spent the night together in the doghouse last night (probably with the dogs!) I thought about moving them to the coop with the others last night but decided against it. They were also snuggling together in the dirt yesterday. Cute!

I am experimenting with breeding and letting nature (love?) takes its course. I hope to have a broody by summer, and am interested to see what types of chicks might be hatched. I think one of my NH Reds is a roo too. I think I have 11 hens and 5 roos, a few different coop/sleeping arrangements but all will soon be free ranging together in the yard (assuming they continue to get along okay)

2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    That does sound cute!!

pics? [​IMG]

3. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    Way too many roos for the number of hens. You are going to have some worn out, no feather on the back hens, soon.

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I agree. There will be some fights!

Pictures are a must though [​IMG]

Seems like this one should be a keeper!

5. Stephanie739

Oct 7, 2011
    Yes I thought about this (fighting) Two of the roosters were unexpected [​IMG] And taking on the blue orpington roo was done with some hesitation, but I really wanted a blue orpington! lol

I'll have to figure it out as I go forward. I know I may have to make some changes.

6. Stephanie739

Oct 7, 2011
    Quote:Here are my surprise roos (Patch and Red)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Jesse, my cochin roo (the one who has a girl now [​IMG] I want to have cochins for broodies and cuteness.
    [​IMG]

Here is Mickey, my light brahma roo
    [​IMG]

And here is Issac, my blue orp

[​IMG]

7. Stephanie739

Oct 7, 2011
    Quote:Here are my surprise roos (Patch and Red)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Jesse, my cochin roo (the one who has a girl now [​IMG] I want to have cochins for broodies and cuteness.
    [​IMG]

Here is Mickey, my light brahma roo
    [​IMG]

And here is Issac, my blue orp

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by