My roo has found his voice.................

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by txreddirtgirl, Sep 12, 2011.

1. txreddirtgirl

txreddirtgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Decatur, Tx
    and he sounds like a teenage boy going thru puberty with a cold! [​IMG]
    No questions to ask, just thought I'd share. We crack up laughing everytime he "crows". He's so proud of himself tho...

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG] I have a young roo just starting to crow too. At first it was just a small cockle doodle do every once in awhile, but today he's been at it non-stop. [​IMG]

3. 7&8

7&8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Maine
    [​IMG] It is fun to listen to them finding their voices! [​IMG]

4. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    So, I have a question...
    Our roo crowed twice last
    week, but we haven't heard
    anything since. What's going on?

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:He just doesn't have anything to crow about. They can be very unpredictable. Some roos crow all day, every day. Other roos you hear the occasional crow and that's it. If he's eating, drinking and otherwise acting normal, he probably just doesn't have anything he wants to crow about right now.

6. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    When my neighbor is in town I cringe everytime the rooster crows, but I enjoy it most of the time. What I have found is that he is calling back and forth with the roosters in the valley. I listen to them crow, then my guy takes a turn. I assume he's telling them not to even "think" about coming near his girls--or else!! They are 1-2 miles away. AND, they start it every morning --not him.

7. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    I have 4 young cockerals right now and its kind of funny listening to them. One is a small br that does just fine and he's the youngest of them .the oldest is a black orp that is almost 7 months old and about 8lbs and is terrible at crowing he gets the cockle right but really messes the rest up like he's trying to clear his throat. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it but at least it good for a few laughs while he's learning.

8. Delmar

Delmar Chillin' With My Peeps

I love when they are learning to crow! Sounds like a car horn with a half dead battery!

9. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    [​IMG]

10. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    My Polish cockerel has "doodle-doo" down, but appears to be missing "cock-a." He'll crow five or six times in a row around midday, and then shuts his yap. We don't know if he crows early in the morning or not, as the coop is well insulated and you can't hear anything going on inside if you're more than ten feet or so from it. Even when you can hear him he's not all that loud (yet). The newly laying Dominique's egg song is louder than his crow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by