My roo has lost his mind!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by urbanfarmers, Jun 25, 2010.

1. urbanfarmers

urbanfarmers In the Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    I have no idea what is wrong with my rooster but he has been crowing since 3:30 this morning!! I keep running outside to make sure there aren't any predators around....not that they could get into the coop...and nothing. He won't quiet down!!

2. crazy chook

crazy chook Songster

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    Some of them just do that, they crow all day or all night or just sometimes.....It just depends on the rooster [​IMG]

3. lauralou

lauralou Songster

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Did you check inside the coop? I used to have a crazy rooster who would crow nonstop if anything was wrong. Anything at all. The thing that springs to my mind was an egg laid in the run. That insane bird did not shut up until I came and collected the egg.

Sorry about your sleepless night. [​IMG]

4. urbanfarmers

urbanfarmers In the Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    I wish I could say it was a sleepless night but I'm up at 3:30 every single morning no matter what! I haven't checked the coop yet...was trying to look around in the dark...but I will have to run out and see. Thanks for the help, thought I was doing something wrong! [​IMG]

5. zavierchick

zavierchick In the Brooder

May 16, 2009
    Lakewood, CO
    Nope, they're just bonkers sometimes [​IMG] Mine have started up a 5-6 am hour long chorus back and forth [​IMG] Absolutely no good reason, just making sure everyone within a mile radius knows they're boys [​IMG] On the bright side, it gets me up and moving and during the summer it is the nicest time to be working outside before it gets hot - maybe I should thank them instead of wanting to bop them in the head LOL!

lauralou - that is HILARIOUS about the egg!! Apparently quite bothersome to him that it was out of place [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by