my roo is an idiot

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by old geezer, Nov 11, 2011.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    still no crowing from my very first roo named button--[​IMG]--he's got the creation process of making little chicklets eggs down pretty good----[​IMG]----but still no crowing --at times he plays by himself running arround the pen ,into the coop , back into the run back into the coop all the while flapping his wings and all the while doing that half arsed honk sound he makes--[​IMG]-----he's an idiot.........................i hope my younger roo oreo , who's watching all this comotion from the other pen and coop dosen't the idea that this is normal behavior---[​IMG]-all i need is 2 idiot roo's that sound like geese-----[​IMG]-----but i have to admit--boy are they 2 handsome roo's---idiot's , but handsome..[​IMG].. and really like getting picked up and cuddled

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    [​IMG]

I want a rooster that honks like a goose! Thats hilarious...

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I don't know , they sound like super intelligent roos to me! Not crowing, sweet, I think everyone would wish for that. Yes these roos are smart to not do the things that would put them in the pot!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Do you have a problem with the "no crowing"? I know many who would be glad to take him off your hands. [​IMG] Just sayin'.

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Hmmmmm.... maybe having a name like "Button" makes him feel a little less manly.[​IMG]

As long as you're certain he's a roo, maybe he's still practicing for the big "CROW". Try renaming him "Spartacus" or "Thor".

6. BasicallyHeather

BasicallyHeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Lowellville, Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:x2!

8. GoChick

GoChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    Quote:x2!

x4

9. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    X5. I have a roo that has a rolling "r" to his crow. He sounds like he is saying "arrrrrriba!" everytime he crows. I'll trade you!

10. ozzchicken

ozzchicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    Bethlehem,Pa
    you should rename him"honkers" maybe he will start crowing...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by