my roo wont crow

Lespaul0738

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 30, 2010
he is a 5 month old new hamshire roo and id kinda like to know when or why he isent crowing, is it because he is tame or what?

I just got rid of two RIR Roos that were like this. One would crow every and then and one was very quiet. And they were like 7 to 8 months. But then my ole RIR roo never shuts up. Every roo might be different. Maybe if he heard another rooster crow he would start.

And the problem is???
wink.png

Maybe you should breed him. Us Urban chicken owners are waiting for a crow-less roo...

Seriously - I'll take him if you don't want him. Maybe you should start a breeding project with him. Sell them to urban chicken people like me that can't have roosters. Nobody would ever know I have one if it didn't crow!!

Quote:
I didn't get rid of them bc they didn't crow. I missed worded that. Someone jus wanted em. But like everyone is saying once he starts he might not shut up. I hear mine some mornings at midnight to 2am if I'll still up.

i just like the sound of a roosters crow is all, lol, and i think it is because hes never heard another rooster crow

Quote:
You may be right... they do need to learn how to do this... my very first 2 chicks (bought at a flea market and were, of course, roos) learned to crow from a pheasant down at the creek... they had a pheasant crow.

Back
Top Bottom