My Roo Woo's the ladies

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jynx21, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Jynx21

Jynx21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    Roy, Washington
    I was reading some of the other posts about breeding habits and my Americana roo seems somewhat different, he doesn't just jump my ladies he dances for them and offers gifts. He will sidle up to the hen of his choice like a Flaminco dancer wing flared down and feet moving very fast, offer them a gift(twig, piece of grass ect) if they accept the offering he mounts them, if they turn away or chase him off he usually moves on to the next candidate. Im thinking he started this behavior when he was second in comand to a very large Australorp roo who did not like him making it with the ladies, maybe it was his way of being sneeky.

2. RGBistro

RGBistro Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    What a perfect gentleman! I wish more human guys were like that! [​IMG]

- Kim

3. Chicken_Noodle_Poop

Chicken_Noodle_Poop Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    That's just too cute I think :) Chickens do have personalities, and he just sounds like a sweet dude! If only most men knew that's really all it takes to woo us human ladies

4. Jynx21

Jynx21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    Roy, Washington
    I agree, I just love watching Fancy doing his thing sometimes, when one of the girls denies him he seems kinda deflated for a minute them moves on like, Next![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by