MY ROOS NEVER CROWED!! are they sick, 25 wks old

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by IwannaBEaMERMAID, Dec 16, 2009.

1. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    i got them the third week in june...3 bantam barred cochin (1 roo) 2 std white cochin hen and 2 khaki campbell duck and 5 extra males for warm (haha got 2 females in there)RIR, kept one roo, sold the other BUT neither one of the roos have crowed [​IMG] !! iM beginning to worry [​IMG] ...is there something wrong with them [​IMG] ,they look,eat,act alright [​IMG] . what could have caused this. !!OMG!! CAN THEY EVEN FERTILIZE MY GIRLS [​IMG] [​IMG] !!! GASP!! oh, btw the hens havent layed either but im guessing that due to me getting them late and there not being enough light now OH btw again im in southern california

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    wait how old are they? if babies in June they still might be too young. you got some pics [​IMG]

Welcome BTW [​IMG]

3. bills_m

bills_m New Egg

Dec 14, 2009
    i had a light sussex which was about the same age, and tht hadnt started crowing yet either so i wouldnt worry

4. zowieyellowflame

zowieyellowflame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    You should get an egg from those guys any day now. [​IMG]

My roosters, born in July have been crowing for atleast 4 weeks, but they are big breeds and they mimic the big roo that they can hear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by