My rooster actually did his job!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by eenie114, Jun 6, 2010.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Yesterday, my sister went outside to look for the cows (who have a tendancy to escape, so we have to check on them regularly) and she had been gone quite a while, so my mom sent me to find her. As I went out the door, I heard a chicken freaking out. When I turned around, I saw a little yellow chick standing there. My first thought was: "how did you get out??" and then I noticed that it didnt have real feathers like my others. So I looked under the steps, and there was Henny Penny proud as can be, with 4 babies!! [​IMG] Mommy hen is a buff orpington, but I don't really know what kind daddy bird is. [​IMG] he has some frizzle in him though. So now I have some half bantam half standard chicks, and (the best part) ALL of them are cochins!! [​IMG] I can't wait to see how big they get... But there are 2 yellow ones, and 2 grey ones. [​IMG] they are soooo cute!! I just can't belive it!! (This is a first hatchicng for me)

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Too too cool! Enjoy the new little fuzzy butts [​IMG]

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    cool, but did the cow get out?

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Quote:Meanwhile, sis having fallen down the well, is wondering when someone is going to come look for her after having been gone so long...

{laughing}

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] Congrats on the new fuzzybutts. Way to go Henny Penny. [​IMG]

6. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

A.T. Hagan :

Meanwhile, sis having fallen down the well, is wondering when someone is going to come look for her after having been gone so long...

{laughing}

[​IMG] My thought, too, but my vision was sis trying to get that darn cow back into the lot! [​IMG]

7. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    [​IMG] Congrats on the fuzzy butts [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by