My Rooster art project

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenPeep, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hello fellow BYC'ers!

In my middle school, I'm taking an art class. Our projet was to make a letter and design it to look like something that starts with that letter. Some things my classmates did were: Elephant E, Penguin P, Sky S, Boot B, and much more. Well, I was thinking about doing an R for my last name and was wondering what I would make it into. Then it popped into my head: ROOSTER!!
    This guy took over 3 weeks to make (Keep in mind, I only get to work on it for about 40 minutes every weekday). I started by making the cardboard structure of the R. Then, I added on the comb and wattles. This actually takes a LOT longer than you'd think. Then, I paper mache'd it over. Finally, I painted it and attached feathers. I actually used my chicken's feathers for the tail!
    I worked so hard on my rooster. I made him to resemble my beloved rooster, Peep, who died in 2010 (RIP buddy). Peep was a Rhode Island Red.

This is Peep.
    [​IMG]

And this is my Rooster R.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tail is made of my chicken's feathers. About 75% of the feathers are from my girl, Ebony, who is my avatar.
    [​IMG]

Hope you liked it. Tell me what you think. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    I think your rooster art project is wonderful!!! Great job :)

3. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thank you very much! [​IMG]

4. i love that!! you are so funny, did you go out there and pluck those off for this??[​IMG]

5. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hahaha no!! I just found them around the coop.

6. oh ok bc i was like " POOR ROOSTER!!!" but that is what i would've done [​IMG] if i could catch him...

7. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG]

8. i love your silkie! and you've inspired me! I'm gonna make some. if i knew how to mache' watch out google! here i come!!

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Very cute........

10. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    I remeber when I was in middle school I was playing a pc game called runescape lol and getting in trouble alot, good times... Nice to you love livestock at such a young age.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by