my rooster attacked me again!

brahmakid11

Songster
8 Years
Aug 23, 2011
sitting on the toilet
my stupid rooster attacked me for the second time he scratched me up with his spurs for the second time so i threw a stick at him and then i got him and slapped his head back and forth threw stuff at him and all that but next time he attacks me i told my dad i was going to shoot him and have him for dinner but he said no that is my favorite chicken but next time i am going to eat him what do you think i should do eat him or just keep slapping him do you have any ideas how to get him to stop?

I think that you should subdue him and convince him that you are BOSS. In slapping you are just 'fighting' him and inspiring him to get even. Force him to the ground and hold him there until he stops struggling. When you let him up stalk and follow him forcing him to evade you. I'm guessing that you made a pet of him as he was growing up? Overly socialized roosters frequently become the most human aggressive. Treat your hens as pets and you roosters as chickens.

I'm sorry...
lau.gif
The way you tell that is so darned funny!..
lau.gif
I can just see you slapping him across the face......I know it's not funny but I can't help it.....Reminds me of the Three Stooges......

Seriously, I would eat him, but your dad says no, so maybe you could just grab him up and hold him up-side-down by the legs, and carry him around a bit. A friend of mine did that and it worked. You might have to do it several times to make your point to him that he is NOT to mess with you!
somad.gif

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out! (I don't blame you for slapping him....)

Sharon

There are lots of good threads for reading on contolling aggression in roos, but some roos only catch on to the retraining when placed in a pot raised to about 170f

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually you are not going against my 'norm', but the OP stated that it is his Dad's favorite rooster and Dad does not want it killed. Since Dad probably pays the bills it would make sense to try and educate this particular rooster.
lol.png

Quote:
Actually you are not going against my 'norm', but the OP stated that it is his Dad's favorite rooster and Dad does not want it killed. Since Dad probably pays the bills it would make sense to try and educate this particular rooster.
lol.png

Bah...obviously I can't read and missed that part.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom