My rooster bit my face

Chicklove4ever

Songster
May 17, 2020
Hello I have a leg horn mix rooster that i hatched and rasied and cuddled since he was born he would always jump on my lap and and cuddle with me i was his person then the other day i picked him up like i always do he was just chilin not mad or insinuating he wanted me to put him down he just streched out his neck and bit my face really bad drawing blood i put him down left him alone i was in shock no warning signs or anything.When i came back he walked up to me as he always does not agresive i picked him up thinking maybe he didnt mean to bite to hurt me then he bit my face again! so now my face is scarred he was really close to getting my eye.He doesn't exhibit any agression except for the fact that he bit my face.Now im scared of him though i dont show it. I still pick him up just under my arm so he cant reach my face i dont understand why he would do that i know hes going through hormones and all but like i said he shows no agression even when he bit me he was calm like he was just taking a bite of an apple.Hes almost a year old.This happened a week ago and im still shocked its not the same between me and him or maybe im just taking it personal.I tried to find something about this happening to someone without all the aggression flogging ect but cant find anything about someone face getting bit by rooster.

It can depend on his breed and like you said he is going through puberty. Is he around 4 months old?

Back
Top Bottom