1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my rooster boy...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_jayne, Oct 13, 2008.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    this is my James. he's wild about roosters! [​IMG]

he is in charge of naming them all.

he wanted to show some 'spirit' at the FowlFest we attended in Frankenmuth.

(other Michiganders...i have photos for you...i will leave to you if you want to post them as they have your children in photos!)

[​IMG]

2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Very well dressed!

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    ahh, thanks! he was VERY specific on what colors i should make the rooster.
    'not girlie colors, mom!'[​IMG]

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Quote:Can't say I blame him. Although it would still look like a fine young rooster even with girlie colors.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    thanks, Opa! he was pretty excited to see all the roos.

and, yeah, he and the painting are both pretty cute! (course, i am partial, cause i made both of them![​IMG] )

6. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    It appears that you are on the right track with your son. I was always very involved with my sons when they were growing up and now I continue to reap the rewards. I constantly hear remember when we did this or remember when we did that; what a great feeling. Then to see my oldest son raising my granddaughter by the same rules and standards he was raised with is very reassuring. Keep being a parent first and a friend second, as it appears you are doing and I'm sure when your children are adults you'll be as proud of them as I am of mine.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    since this is MY topic, i guess i can be honest and bold. if my belief offends, i offer no apology, but agree to disagree with a person. so if you don't want to read this next part, folks...that's okay with me.[​IMG]

Opa, i thank you so much for what you stated! my husband will stand before God one day and be responsible for how we raised our children. we surely would like to do that knowing we made good choices. our family is our first ministry and we try our best, and seek His guidance.

yes, a parent first. the Word promises that a child who honors his parents will have long life. how can i not help them to claim that!

again, Opa, i thank you. we parents need all the encouragement we can get. confirmation comes in many forms. God bless you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by