My rooster is attacking my dog!

CleverCluck

Chirping
Jun 5, 2019
Cartersville, GA
i have a 6 month old blue crested polish rooster who is a tiny little thing as roosters go but he stalks and attacks my 4 year old rat terrier mix! my dog is afraid to go in the back yard now, Lou (my rooster) runs up behind him and jumps on his back! what do i do??

i have a 6 month old blue crested polish rooster who is a tiny little thing as roosters go but he stalks and attacks my 4 year old rat terrier mix! my dog is afraid to go in the back yard now, Lou (my rooster) runs up behind him and jumps on his back! what do i do??
Put the dog in the house.

the dog does stay in the house but he goes in the back yard to do his business, it is fenced in and i have always just let him out but i would like to train them to live in harmony if possible, maybe i will just have to keep them separated, it just surprised me, i figured it would be the other way around, i wasnt expecting this!

Well a couple of days ago right after he jumped on the dog i chased him and wrestled him down and scolded him and stuck him in the pen for the rest of the day and since then he goes the other way when he sees the dog, but i will have to get rid of him if he starts back. he is my only rooster and my hens adore him and i do too, the last rooster i had attacked me and my husband but totally ignored the dog, acted like he didnt exist!

it's actually kinda funny watching him stalk the dog, he looks like one of those velociraptors in jurassic park, my back yard is pretty big but as soon as lou hears the back door open he starts stalking lol guess i will just have to keep the little devil penned up! i thought polish were the most docile breed but he is a little firecracker! hope he never turns on me!

I don't have any suggestions - but I want to see a pic of your dog! I have a rat terrier mix too, I don't know anyone with one & had never heard of them before we rescued Patrick. Pic, Pic, Pic!!:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom