My Rooster is Coming Home!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LindseyM12, Sep 5, 2010.

1. LindseyM12

LindseyM12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    I had a rooster that I hatched and raised. Well I have a cousin who has chickens and his some how got killed. He had around 15-20 and they all got killed except for 2-3. :'( So I gave him around 15 of my chickens and one of them was my rooster. And my cousin said the rooster is really stressed because he cant keep up with all the hens, (he got more chickens, so he now has around 25) so he asked me if I wanted him back! So I'm gonna get him some time, and might be getting him back tomorrow!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Here is a pic of him before I gave him away.

[​IMG]
    I'll post another pic when I get him! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. Quailbuddy

Quailbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    yay! I am glad you are getting your rooster back! [​IMG] please post pics! lol

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm sure that fella will be pleased to be able to use his favorite mirror once again!

4. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Maybe he will need the mirror image to help him to cope with all your girls!

Sandie

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    that deserves a happy dance! [​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Remember to quarentine him for at least 30 days when you get him home.

7. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Congrats! [​IMG]

8. LindseyM12

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:Ok, I will, but I highly doubt he has anything wrong. I have been to see him plenty of times and he is very healthy.

BTW: I AM SO EXITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Ok, I will, but I highly doubt he has anything wrong. I have been to see him plenty of times and he is very healthy.

BTW: I AM SO EXITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

He probably is healthy, but he's been exposed to your cousin's birds and the other birds he brought home.

10. LindseyM12

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    I know, Don't worry, I quarantine him. But I am so happy!! He is the sweetest rooster EVER!!! His color has changed soooo much!!! [​IMG]

ETA: I'm getting him today after lunch!!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by