My rooster is limping..

Cranman

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
Sanford NC
Rusty has been limping for about 2 days. Tonight after he roosted I picked him up and we checked out his feet. One looks normal, one has alot of swelling under the foot and around a toe or two. No obvious cuts, thorns etc. Any ideas? I guess he could have broke a toe or bone in his foot, otherwise I don't know what else could cause this. I know it's a long shot, anyone have somehting similiar?

Bingo! That looks just like what my roosters foot looks like. Guess it will be time for surgery tonight after work. I'll have my son, who is scared to death of the rooster, help. Last night he held the rooster while I inspected the foot, and you would have thought I asked him to hold a rabid wolverine.

One last question, I can't imagine the rooster laying on his side while we do this procedure, do they really stand for this?

Let a vet do it, it doesn't cost that much to not see your rooster in pain.

Also after my Lucky had his foot done, he had to be inside the house for a week to 10 days and we gave him antibiotics I believe.

If you cut that out and put him back outside right away even with vet wrap, you are asking for lots of infections.

Back
Top Bottom