My Rooster Is Trying To Mate Me... X_X

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Firearia, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I have this almost sixteen week old rooster and what he does is jump on my lap like he did since he was a chick, except now he mates my leg. Is there anyway I can get him to stop? I'm selling him on Sunday, but I would like to know now to stop the behavior before I sell him, also just in case my other boys start doing the same thing. I still think it's rather hysterical. [​IMG]

2. Adora

Adora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Southeast NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    LOL!! I can't offer any helpful advice, but I can relate. I had a younger rooster that wasn't even out of the brooder yet that took hold of my sleeve once and tried getting it on with my hand, it was hilarious.

4. Firearia

Quote:[​IMG]

Haha, that's even worse than my big roo! The problem is he's giant and heavy, it's rather painful! [​IMG]

5. blueraspberry

blueraspberry Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Quote:[​IMG]

Haha, that's even worse than my big roo! The problem is he's giant and heavy, it's rather painful! [​IMG]

[​IMG] I can imagine that even though it's painful, it's a hilarious sight! [​IMG]

7. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:I'd love to see a video!

8. Silkie-Feet

Silkie-Feet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Ky, Kentucky
    lol lol lol [​IMG] k now get a spray bottle and squart him every time he does this.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  9. Firearia

Quote:I'd love to see a video!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'll see if I can grab my camera and video it before Sunday! Might not be able to though!

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Gosh, and I thought it was adorable when my rooster would bring me little gifts, and make that "Looky, looky, I got something nice for you, my sweetheart" sound. He has brought me oddly shaped rocks, pretty leaves, a couple of twigs. I never acknowledge it, because I am NOT one of his hens. But it does make me smile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by