my rooster Lola needs a home

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by aurorafem, Aug 6, 2008.

1. aurorafem

aurorafem New Egg

Aug 6, 2008
    Well, my sweet little pullet Lola has turned into a rooster (I should have known not to name her that) and I live inside city limits in Portland, OR. Now I need to find a good home for him (no roosters in the city) and I don't know where, how, to find a good home. Any advice?

2. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    You could post your baby in the Buy, Sell, Trade section on this forum ..for starters. If you go back to the index and scroll down to almost the bottom of the list ..you'll see the section there.

A pic would be helpful in convincing someone that they really would like to adopt your little sweety..

...and a mention of your location in the thread title line is a huge help for getting onlookers, initially.

Good Luck!! [​IMG]

3. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

That's Right! I'm going to drive 160 mi round trip tomorrow to pick up a little guy I found on the Buy and Sell forum here at BYC. He started crowing in Indianapolis so he's moving to the country in Kentucky.
    [​IMG]

4. kellij

kellij Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Oregon
    When we have had to rehome roosters we put an ad in Craigslist under farm and garden section. Normally list it for $5 so we get someone who actually wants a rooster and hopefully not a meal. We have been pretty lucky so far. [​IMG]

~Kelli

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by