My Rooster my Protecter

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sueg6255, Mar 29, 2009.

1. sueg6255

sueg6255 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    LaGrange County
    :)The other day I went out to check for eggs and to give a extra feed to the chickens and roosters. While I was standing around talking to them (yes we have very good indepth conversation) . One of my younger Rooster's Bandit III decided to test the waters with me.

Needless to say it didn't go over with me to well. So I showed him that I was boss by sending him flying with my foot. Not to far just a couple of feet. Well, he came back and ruffled his feathers and was going to try again. He went flying again. We did this a few times. Then all of a sudden my head Rooster Honker came from out of the blue and went after Bandit and chased him off. He was protecting his mommy. Then he strutted around like a big man. My husband said did you see that he was protecting you. I said he sure did . I gave him a lot of praise and the other rooster hasn"t tried again.

Sue:/

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG]

If he comes after you again, try picking him up. He likely sees you as a challenge. If you can pick him up, grab his comb or wattles and give them a good shake and carry him around for a while. Hopefully that will get him to realize you are dominant. Then again, with Honker around, you may not have to worry anymore. [​IMG]

3. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    hehe! Thats so cute.

Thats funny that you sent him flying. Thats how a lot of my animals come to terms with our living arrangement! lol. They take flying lessons... [​IMG]

4. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    aww what a sweet little rooster (the protecter, not the attacker!) so where are the pics of your saviour??

5. AMSpsg18

AMSpsg18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    Somersworth NH
    Aww I'm hoping my Roo turns out like that He's currently only 7 weeks old but I have hopes and dreams for him.[​IMG]

6. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Our Cae does the same thing. Caester used to attack me last year but eventually he actually started to come closer to me and would see me as more of his 'family' other than his inferrior. Napoleon trys to go at me and Cae will come around to chasing him off. I don't know what to make of them all. [​IMG] But at least I know what Cae is on my good side. Or my side at all! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Here's to protective roos! [​IMG]

7. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    That's a real gentleman in the chicken/human world.

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That'll learn the young buck not to mess with mama [​IMG]

9. sueg6255

sueg6255 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    LaGrange County
    Here is a picture of my protector.
    [​IMG]

10. FrenchHen