my rooster named Lola

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by aurorafem, Aug 6, 2008.

1. aurorafem

aurorafem New Egg

Aug 6, 2008
    I live in Portland OR and recently got three pullets. Now they are about 4 months old and one is obviously a rooster, which I can't have in the city. Does anyone have some advice for me about what to do, who to contact, to make sure he goes to a healthy environment? thank you thank you

2. FractalFarmer

FractalFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    SF Bay area CA
    I just had to register when I saw this post, because we have a "hen" named Butch. S/he is one of four young 'uns we got two weeks ago...I think they're about 10 weeks old. I'm still not sure whether Butch is a rooster, but s/he is sporting quite the fancy comb, and is pretty dominant even to the older girls. Hopefully Butch will prove to be a hen because I would hate to have to re-home him.

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
  4. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    [​IMG] fellow Oregonian!

There are some posts on craiglist offering a farm life for chickens that people don't want!

5. FractalFarmer

FractalFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    SF Bay area CA
    I'm planning to snap a few pix over the weekend and post them in the forum here to see whether the group has a consensus opinion on which gender s/he is. Failing that, I'll just wait 'till s/he grows up a bit to see whether I get eggs or wake-up calls. We'll definitely find him a good home if that turns out to be needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by