my rooster needs help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pokpok2010, Nov 26, 2012.

1. pokpok2010

pokpok2010 New Egg

Nov 26, 2012
    hi guys, i am new to BYC. please can i get some help? my rooster is almost 2 and a half years old. for the past month he has been walking with a limp and i am not sure why. it doesnt look like hes injured and overall he looks healthy. for the past few days he hardly walks and just sits down in the shade for long periods of time. when he does walk, he looks like its very difficult for him :( i am really worried about him. please can i get some advice of what could be the problem? thanks alot!

2. Nike

Nike Young&Beautiful

Jul 8, 2012
    My Coop
    He could have internally injured it... It's hard to tell with chickens. He looks healthy otherwise? Have you checked the bottom of his foot? Could their be a sliver or bumble foot or anything? Are the scales raised on his legs? Like scaly leg mite?

3. pokpok2010

pokpok2010 New Egg

Nov 26, 2012
    he looks healthy and crows loudly. his appetite has slightly decreased... i would luv to check him some more but he hates being touched and held. i can sit right next to him, feed him, play with his tail, but nothing more! thats just the way he is. his legs dont look scaly thankfully. when he takes steps, he takes wide, big ones instead of the usual short quick steps. there are no visible injuries as well.... very puzzling indeed! but i will do anything to help him feel better

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by