my rooster tongue is attached to his down/lower area of his beak, hes also been acting weak from 2 days, please help.

FakhirKhan

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2021
so around 27 days ago, i noticed he was yawning a lot and a bit of head shaking, i searched and i found out that he shares symptoms of either gapeworm, respiratory disease or ear infection, he didn't seem to share much symptom of either of those at the time, he was yawning a lot, sometime shaking his head and had a diarrea, i believed it was ear infection as i never cleaned his clear and there was alot of vax in it, so i clean his ear and that didn't stop it, i also posted it here, i am gonna link that post here at the end. i didn't find any answer to indentitfy what kind of infection he has, i didn't see any gapeworm in his mouth or anything. my financially condition is also bad so i left it there, i stopped monitoring him, however in past 27 days i would see him yawning here and there but he was hardly around my eyes as i stopped monitoring him, 2 days ago i noticed a change in his voice, a little bit of weight lost and acting weak, i thought he is gonna be just like that for a bit and will get better in a bit but yesterday was the same behaviour, today i decided i am gonna look into his mouth to see if i can find any sign of gapeworm, and for a bit i was scarred as it was like he has no tongue but then i noticed it's attached to his lower side of beak, when he used to heavy breathing before i use to see his tongue but right now whenever hes heavy breathing it isn't showing. his tongue look a little bit yellow too but that might just be me. the weak behaviours is only in his coop, when hes outside he act pretty actively like nothing happend to him, i didn't put anything as picture as the word is enough to describe it, i did multiple search on google and didn't find any results but that is probably my terrible english not knowing what to search. can anyone tell me why is his tongue like that in his beak? what the cause and how can i cure this? what kind of disease/infection he have if he has any? this is the post i posted 27 days ago, i recommended reading that as it will give u more answers: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ar-infection-if-so-how-do-i-treat-it.1478484/

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of him and his tongue? It may help others to diagnose him.
i didn't think i need to as it very easy to image how a tongue attached to lower side in beak looks like but okay, this is the best i could come with, he doesn't let me open his mouth and i had to use one hand to do that right now to take a picture with my other hand, i may post a another picture soon today but this is the best i could give you right now, when i touch his tongue it moves a little and when hes heavy breathing it also moves a little but it wasn't like this, it was in a middle of his beak before, is his tongue okay or just my brain overthinking?

Attachments

• IMG20210723170006.jpg
    IMG20210723170006.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 29

Back
Top Bottom