My Rooster wing hangin down and picked him up and it has large bump

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by oconnor1976, Dec 8, 2011.

1. oconnor1976

oconnor1976 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    im afraid im gonna loose him, this is one i got in spring from feed store hes such a sweet man and i dont kno what to do.... :-((

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Please fill out the "sticky" at the beginning with the answers. It would help to if you had pictures to show us.

In the mean time you might put hot or warm compresses on the lump. Quarantine him also.

Thanks,

Rancher

3. oconnor1976

Apr 28, 2011
    what is the "sticky" im fairly new to this, i will see if i can get pictures too thank you
    Quote:

4. Chicken_Pauper

Chicken_Pauper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    Note at the top of this Category.. "Have an Emergency/Disease, read this first"... click there first.. check it out.. it gives a list of questions to answer here.. so that those reading your post have enough info to be able to help...

Add another post with much more info about the problem, the rooster, what you have done so far, his age, breed, all symptoms, his housing, etc.. see the top item at the beginning of "Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures" for list of questions to answer in your post.

If you are a new member you will not be able to post a picture.. a picture is generally helpful for certain things, like lumps... injuries, etc.

Good luck.

5. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Here's the sticky info that folks are asking for:

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
    2) What is the behavior, exactly.
    3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
    4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
    5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
    6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
    7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
    8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
    9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
    10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
    11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
    12) Describe the housing/bedding in use

6. oconnor1976

Apr 28, 2011
    Thanks For He Post Reply....he Past Away Last Nite/ This Morning

7. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Sorry for your loss.

8. oconnor1976

Apr 28, 2011