My Rooster

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Jackamo, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Jackamo

Jackamo Just Hatched

Dec 1, 2016
    Churchville NY
    My Coop
    I'm guessing that he is an Old English Bantam, he, Pip isn't quite a year old yet and he's the perfect rooster. Maybe it's more common than I think but he loves to be held and rubbed and he's kind of partial to baby talk too. Now I know that lots of roosters don't mind being picked up and held but Pip insists on it. When ever I go into the Chicken Chalet, yes, Chicken Chalet he runs up to me to be picked up. And when I am holding my other birds, he get a bit jealous and tries to shoo them away. He shares the Chalet with 4 Seramas which he takes very good care of, he keeps the boys in line and fusses over the girls. He won't eat a thing until all of the seramas have started to eat when I give them their daily treats and has protected them before from a rooster that is at least 4 times his size. Here are a few pix of him and his flock.

[​IMG]The nesting box in the Chalet.

[​IMG]The boys, Pretty Pete on the right, Gorgeous George in the middle and Lacey

[​IMG] Pip at the Rochester School for the Deaf for Show and Tell! Oh, and that's me proud of my birds!

2. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    It's nice to hear a good story about a rooster and Pip is a handsome guy. Like your nesting box, did you build that?

3. Jackamo

Jackamo Just Hatched

Dec 1, 2016
    Churchville NY
    My Coop
    Yes I did, they're set up in my greenhouse for the winter. I don't want my little guys getting a chill, that just wouldn't do.

4. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You did a good job with the building [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by