My Roosters Are Crowing! (Video!)

KellyGwen

Songster
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
Lake Luzerne, NY
Here is a video I took this morning of my roosters crowing... They sound so pitiful! http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/KellyAma/Videos/?action=view&current=P1050802.flv

The
first crow is from this guy who I was hoping against hope was a hen... Oh well...
P1040879.JPG

I went out early this morning to let my 11 'girls' out of the coop and and soon as she ran out, my one lone black Cochin let out a series of crows. He had been named 'Queenie' when we got him but I guess now he will be 'The King'! He was the 'extra' that we got with our 5 Buffs and 5 Comets.

Now I have to decide if I want to keep him or make a nice dinner. Has anyone noticed if the flock keeps better with a roo on board? I don't mind the crowing, depending on how loud and often he gets with age.

Quote:
I love keeping at least one rooster around to protect the flock. The girls love following him around getting all the good bugs and such that he finds for them. I believe everyones happier with at least one rooster but it is JMO. If you have more then one rooster things can take a turn for the worst before ya know it if you don't have enough hens per rooster.

Back
Top Bottom