my roosters feet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ams3651, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my chickens are coming out of a molt and all but one of the girls have recovered. But my roo is still working on feathering and I noticed today the webs between his toes and the pads are very red. It doesnt seem to be hurting him at all and the girls feet are fine. Dont know if its related to the molt but thought I would mention it. Any ideas?

2. Renee'

Renee' Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    Possibly mites??

3. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Can you post a picture? I was worried about the red skin on the back of my rooster's legs until I noticed he had bilateral stripes (sort of like racing stripes) going up the sides of his legs, too. Then I checked with other people who have roosters of that breed and they all had this kind of marking.

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my camera is down an my son cant find the card for his. This is a new development, and only on the web between the toes and the pads.

5. cnj-tx50

cnj-tx50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    I have an Aracana that has the same thing. He has had this since he has been here with us now about 4 months and he is two. Someone told me that it is his hormones?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by