My roosters whole body is swollen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GwenReaper, May 12, 2010.

1. GwenReaper

GwenReaper Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Yesterday my rooster flew out of the coop, I am not sure how long he was out but when I found him he was hiding and kinda cowered down. So I picked him up and put him back in w the others and he started eating and seemed fine. I just found him in the coop and his face was swollen, under his chin. Then I was feeling him and I realized his whole body is swollen. Face, neck, tummy... everything. I dont know what to do. I have him in my bathroom and he is seperated from all my chickens. Nobody is sick... could he have been bit by something? I am in an urban neighborhood so maybe a spider or bee? he is sluggish and not eating.

2. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Don't know..............
    Giving you a bump.

3. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
  4. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    Maybe it is an allergic reaction to something... Maybe try 1ml of benadryl. hopefully if it is an allergic reaction, it will slow or stop it. If its an insect bite, or snake, I read a post where someone said peanut butter draws poison out of their system. Maybe feed him a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by