1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Please help!, I just awoke to the sound of my 2 Buff Orpington roosters fighting! Their faces are all bloody and half of ones comb is missing!

2. Please help! He is bleeding really bad!!!!!

3. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    You can apply some cornstarch or flour to the wound to help stop the bleeding. Apply pressure with a cool cloth.

You will need to keep him separated from the other one. Once the bleeding has has stop, take time to check him over for any other wounds.

4. Thank you so much!!! Looks like I won't be sleeping much tonight.

5. He won't let me get near him!

6. Wyorp Rock

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Where is he?

You will need to be calm so he is, you don't want to panic him more.

7. I calmed him down. He was hiding under the roost. Apply Cornstarch now.

8. Wyorp Rock

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Separate him to a calm quiet area - semi-dark if you can. Let him calm down once you have the bleeding stopped. Check him over for any other wounds or injuries. If he has any, wash them off or flush them with saline and apply some triple antibiotic ointment or vetericyn. Leave water for him. Just keep an eye on him.

When you have time, photos might help.

After you this this one settled, go check on the other rooster to see if he has any wounds that need to be treated. Keep them separated. Preferable where they cannot see each other.

Keep us posted.

9. Would Vetrecin work?

10. Other roo is fine accept for some scratches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by