My rouen is a chicken!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chasing ducks, May 15, 2010.

1. chasing ducks

chasing ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    New Hampshire
    LMAO made you look [​IMG] Seriously though, I brought home a 2 week old rouen, a week old chocolate runner and 2 3 days old muscovies (chocolate or black, not sure) from a chicken swap today. Out of the 4, my rouen is the biggest chicken of the bunch. ANYTHING freaks her out. She is noisy as heck too. Oh! She tried to hide UNDER the scovie babies today when I went to check on them! [​IMG] She's my only rouen, are they all like this or is she just high strung? My scovies are awesome, they don't care whats going on, and the runner, is well a typical runner. My poor husband has gotten so used to new ducks that he just nods and smiles, though I have a feeling once my pregnancy is over he won't be quite so content. As is, his eyes went a little wide today at the dozen eggs I got in the mail (muscovies) and the news that I changed my order from McMurrays to Metzer Farms and now were getting 2 welsh harlequins, 2 blue runners, 4 assorted ducks and 2 buff geese LMAO [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] So we are at 33 ducks and counting, wednesday it will be 41 ducks and 2 geese [​IMG] [​IMG] Plus I am expecting 8 more eggs next week. [​IMG] it gets a bit scary but all part and parcel to having a duck farm I suppose. At some point we're adding pheasants, turkeys and quail to sell for meat too. Oh boy, lol, at least life is never boring!

2. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Congrats on the new ducklins, and Im no expert but i just got 6 rouen ducklins thisweek and there the same as yours they freak out and the scram like crazy when you hold them.
    And i hear you about your husband, my girlfriend does the exact same thing every time i tell her "new chicks are on the way" Just shakes her head HAHAHA

3. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    I don't have a Rouen, but it was my Scovies that acted like I was going to eat them on the spot! My first four Kahkis were somewhat that way as well, but the Scovies were absolutley sure I was the big bad wolf. Ha, Ha, Ha! Now my newest set of Kahkis and Pekin think I'm the most entertaining thing in the world. They do the initial "Run away! Run away!" when I open the brooder, but within a half a second they are nibbling on my hand and jumping for my hair. So funny! Hmmmm...lets see...30 ducks and 61 chickens and 4 peacocks. Geeze that's 95...no wonder I'm tierd..Ha, Ha, Ha! If my call eggs keep going, that will be 97. Yeah, I think we'll hit 100 before Spring is out. My youngest DD wants Runners, soooooo....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by