My rouen is laying (finally!)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Sep 11, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I have a rouen hen and a khaki campbell and rouen drakes. And while I was on a sleep over my mom found a white egg! And none of her chickens lay white eggs its gotta be hers right?

2. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Rouens do lay white eggs right??? my mom has Rode Island Reds some red stars and 1 black star. i didnt think anyone of those chicken breeds layed white eggs, i thought they layed brown eggs??? any thoughs???

3. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    They are most likely your ducks egg. Yes. My rhode island reds lay brown eggs.

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:YES!!! you just made my day!!! when i get home im going to look for some duck eggs. should i pen her up in the morning so i can get the eggs or just look for eggs on the ground every day? my moms black star will break EVERY egg she finds, and i really dont want to loose my ducks eggs. i wanna try to hatch some but i think its to late, maybe she will hatch some??? hhhhmmmmmm????? lol.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:YES!!! you just made my day!!! when i get home im going to look for some duck eggs. should i pen her up in the morning so i can get the eggs or just look for eggs on the ground every day? my moms black star will break EVERY egg she finds, and i really dont want to loose my ducks eggs. i wanna try to hatch some but i think its to late, maybe she will hatch some??? hhhhmmmmmm????? lol.

Congrats on your first duck egg, it's always so exciting. if she has a pen of her own then she will probably lay by sun up, most ducks lay early. by 8:00am at least. where did your mom find this egg?

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    In the yard where the ducks sleep. I didnt even see the egg, my mom left it there, I wanted to see it [​IMG] lol

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:If it was me I'd make the girls of some kind of enclosure where they can go in private to lay their eggs that way you will know where to look and they would be less apt to get broken. Don't you have to worry about predators?

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Nope. Plus I couldnt pen them up, my mom took my fence for a chicken pen. I told her if something got my ducks she had to buy me more. But I just pened them up today, I put her and he boyfriend in one, and my two calls a my khaki in the other. I will make her, her very own pen for her and her boyfriend, they cant be without eachother, she will go crazy! So will he, they are ment to be no lie!

9. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Thats sweet. and your saying you don't have preds? If she has a designated place to lay her egg she will probably use if especially for brooding.

10. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Nope, no preds! so if I give her a safe place until ductopia is done, she might sit on her eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by