1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Rouens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Laskaland, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Okay so suddenly my "girls" starting getting green sheen on their heads. Figures.. What do you think? Boys, girls or one of each??
    Thanks
    Christina

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    And, I forgot to add, neither really quack much. They do some, but not frequently...never have... And they were born Spetember 30th
    Thanks
    Christina

3. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    they look like males. sorry but they do. it took about that long for my rouen to get green on his head and the grey feathers on their body.but yes they look like males to me.

4. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    they are also starting to get their curls in the tail. that pretty much says their males.

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I see one tail curl. Does the other one have a tail curl? If yes, both boys.

6. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:I'll have to check tomorrow. I thought they were girls [​IMG]
    Figures....
    Someone have eggs for me? LOL
    Christina

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Both boys. Here is a pic of my girl...

[​IMG]

My boys (not a very good pic) The two in the front, and the one in the middle, behind the pekin. The girl is to the right, by the other pekin.

[​IMG]

8. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    oh well... I guess I need more eggs [​IMG]
    like that's bad?!?
    christina

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Good luck finding some!! I have tried. I know Quail_Antwerp will have some this spring, but I haven't seen her on here in forever, so not sure what's going on with that. If they were femal, they would have no grey on them whatsoever, and they would have that brown striping all over their bodies. If I find anyone with eggs, I'll let you know. Please do the same for me!! My poor boys will be hard up this spring when I seperate them! [​IMG]

10. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Well I got these babies as eggs. I bought them from ebay from a gal from Minnesota. I ordered 2x from her and I think these two were the only thing that hatched [​IMG] Wasn't impressed, but I do like these two crazy "boys"
    Maybe egg bid? Hmmm...I will find them...I will find them....
    Hugs Shelley, (are your bators full yet?)
    LOL
    christina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by