My rude awakening!

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I got up this morning and did my usual "Everyone eats before me" routine. Daughter is in her high chair with breakfast, dog is fed, cat is fed, fish are fed... so its time to run out and feed and water the chickens and ducks.

Now my ducks are just 2 pekin drakes. They won't stay in the duck house as they are comfortable out on the pond with all their little rouen duck friends who must belong to another neighbor. They ALWAYS come up to the coop in the morning to get some pellets and scratch before they take off for the day.

I got out with all my cups in hand and there they are... a group of 6 ducks... only 2 are mine. I was sure the other would take off, they have ALWAYS been skittish around people. NOPE, they all belly up to the cup of food and go to town like they are their every morning.

I had to make a second trip for more scratch for the chickens... lets hope they don't come back tomorrow, they aren't in my budget!!!!!

bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Hahahahaha.... They didn't come back this morning. They watched from the pond bank. I think my ducks put their foot down and realized they just cut back on what they got to eat by inviting friends over.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom