My run under construction

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Hawgon, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Hawgon

Hawgon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    This is my run under construction, it is covered on all sides by 1/2" hardware cloth...I am still working on the trim and will finish installing the nipple watering system soon. Let me know of any ideas or comments..www.ustream.tv hawgon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Back on the Farm

Back on the Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Maryland
    Looking good!!! Great run. Your chicks will have a great home.

3. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Thanks Back on the farm.....it has been a fun project and I hope they enjoy it....

4. prescott2k

prescott2k Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2012
    Dixon, CA
    Looks awesome! Great job!

5. StevieNay

StevieNay Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    [​IMG] Looks like a nice place for chickens to live!

6. allpeepedout

allpeepedout Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Fantastic! I would like to do a rain barrel but how do you keep the water cool in summer? Is the barrel insulated or shaded? Thanks.

7. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    I an going to foam insulate the pipes on the outside of the run and build a cedar cover to go around the barrel. Other than that, in the summer I will be adding fresh water often so that should help to keep it fresher and cooler..I will update the pics as I build and if you have any more ideas be sure to let me know..Thanks for the input.

8. Absolutely Awesome. Bulletproof brother!

9. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Thanks Dukeofhawg, after reading a lot online, I figured to much is better than not enough so I went 1/2" hardware cloth all around it including the top..by theway I was born and raised in North Bend and I sure miss the Oregon coast. Thanks for the feedback....

10. North Bend, that's just down the road. Dang... And you got to be a fisherman! I love it here. Got transplanted from HELL (So. Cal) 7 years ago. You'd have to drag me back kicking and screaming. Show us your coop when your all done. So far I am very Jealous! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by