My Runners (Lots of Pics & Video)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by AdamD77, Jul 22, 2010.

1. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Since everyone else seems to be making topics to show off their ducks, I thought I would too [​IMG] [​IMG] I was also wondering if anyone knew what colour varieties the young ones are...

I got my first two in April '09, we originally hoped for a male and a female and called them Olive and Toby, but both turned out to be boys.

Olive
    [​IMG]

Toby
    [​IMG]

Together
    [​IMG]

Swimming
    [​IMG]

In around late March, both started to become very aggressive and frisky, and after trying various things to calm them down, we settled on getting females, which we got in early June '10 [​IMG] They are now around 12 weeks old.

Lily
    [​IMG]

Nugget
    [​IMG]

Phoebe
    [​IMG]

Honey
    [​IMG]

Together
    [​IMG]

And again
    [​IMG]

Sitting
    [​IMG]

Swimming
    [​IMG]

Hope you like them [​IMG] I sure do [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Those are beautiful looking ducks. The yound females are adorable. [​IMG] I bet those drakes will be happy when they get to hang out and "other things" with them. I love looking at runners. They are so cute and comical to watch and look at. I don't have any but I sure love seeing pics of them.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I just love your ducks! [​IMG] They are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, your pics are precious of your bunch. [​IMG]

4. AdamD77

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Thanks [​IMG] They are lovely, and they are so entertaining! You're right about the boys being happy when they meet the girls [​IMG] They have seen each other through the glass, that's all so far. I'm going to see if this works, then you can see them running etc [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ah, it won't show the video in here but that pic is a link so check out the video, very cute if I do say so myself [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  5. AdamD77

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Any idea of colours anyone? Nugget and Honey have basically the same pattern but Honey is a bit lighter than Nugget, do you think they're the same colour type with just one being a bit lighter or do you think they're actually two different colour types which have similar looking females? They're all starting to moult now too, they might even change to a completely different colour!

6. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Lily is the same color as my little Pebbles (I also have 4 younger ducklings the same color growing out right now) - I think it's "Apricot Dusky".

Here's my Pebbles as a duckling...
    [​IMG]

And here she is at about 7 weeks with her younger brother, Bam Bam...they'd just gotten out of the pool, so they look a little scruffy. They're not fully feathered in yet, Pebbles is just getting her wing feathers:
    [​IMG]

And here are their parents, Rubee and Maisie:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  7. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    They really are pretty colored ducks. I like the hint of blue inside the 'apricot' lacing on some of them.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  8. AdamD77

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Pebbles is very cute [​IMG] They do look similar, never really heard much about Apricot Dusky but sounds interesting lol [​IMG]

Nugget is moulting loads, her feathers are everywhere! I thought she would be a Grey like Olive but Olive had very dark brown on the inside of the feathers with lighter brown outside, whereas like L0rraine said (thanks for the compliments [​IMG]) Nugget and Honey both have a sort of blue on the inside of their feathers...? Any idea what they'll be?

9. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    soooo cute! toby is my favorite. mostly because i have a duck named toby [​IMG]

10. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    They are very nice... glad you decided to show them off. : ) Not sure of the color. I have a buff runner - but it is not quite as dark as mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by