My Russian Blue Kitty died last night :(

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Avalon1984, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    He was sleeping on my lap and we were watching TV. All of a sudden he flew two feet in the air, landed on his side, twisted, shook, screamed and died. I was sitting there in shock after having a perfectly happy kitty on my lap a minute ago. I still can’t believe this happened. Hubby thinks he must have had a stroke or a blood clot or something like that. This is the 3rd kitty we lost in less than 6 months between our inside and outside cats. The first one was ancient and ran under a car, the second one just went to sleep and never woke up, now this one. And Samurai was only 6 years old L Now the other two kitties are looking all over for him. You will be dearly missed buddy. Thank you for giving me quite a few years of joy.
    [​IMG]

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I am so sorry. [​IMG] He looks like our cat Beans.

3. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    He was so beautiful, you’d never know we rescued him from a shelter. Poor guy. At least he died while he was enjoying a nap on mommy. [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    That is strange, I am so sorry. [​IMG]

5. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    I'm sorry to hear that.

6. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I've always loved animals, but never realized how incredible cats really are until we rescued Beans. When a cat lives with you, in the house, you truly learn what they are like. They bring a lot of joy with them.

What a horrible thing to happen, but I am glad you got to be with him.

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

8. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Thanks guys. I just can’t believe it yet. One minute he is sleeping just fine, the next minute he has that seizure and dies. Samurai has had a rough life. He was dumped at a shelter as a kitten with 2 of his brothers. The brothers were black, he was gray. The brothers were adopted instantly but nobody wanted him. When he did get adopted once he became so scared that he clawed a hole into the mattress and hid there for days, so the people brought him back. I first saw him in 2006 but decided on another kitty back then. When I still saw him there 2 years later I took him home. I remember the day that he came home, I opened the cage, he came out, curled up on my lap and went to sleep. He was home at last.

I will never get used to losing an animal and the last few months have been particularly bad. 3 cats, one pet raccoon, a horse, several chickens…I was really hoping things would turn around this year. I understand that living on a farm means dealing with death every day, but I could deal better with it if it was after a long and fulfilled life. That thing with Samurai is just bugging me bad. I checked on him over and over again during the night to make sure he wasn’t still alive and the seizure just made it look like he stopped breathing…but there he was in his little box, still dead. I will miss you my friend.

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I have never had an animal pass like that. I can't imagine. I just can't :( You poor thing.. It must be especially hard having to witness the entire ordeal.

:hugs

1 person likes this.
  10. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon

I know, it was just so weird. I can only hope he didn’t feel much of the ordeal since his eyes seemed to just stare and not move and he didn’t react or anything. Seemed like something in his brain went wrong and what I saw was just his body reacting to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by