1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Salmon Favorelles - Pullet & Cockerel

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by steffpeck, Jun 28, 2008.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I got so lucky on this hatch. I had 4 eggs on 2 made it to day 18 and I got a boy and a girl. They are 6 weeks old now. I just love these little things. They are so tiny and so cute!!!

Meet Pierre & Alette......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    They look great. That is just awesome you ended up with a rooster and a hen. [​IMG]

3. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    I am so jealous!!! Those are awesome pictures, too!

4. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    [​IMG] I'm planning on adding this breed to my flock just as soon as I can. Are they a gentle breed and are they good sitter's? I think they are really unusual looking and so beautiful, but of course I think all breed's are beautiful. My poor old man spend's all his day's off building me coop's and never complain's. He know's how happy my bird's make me. I'm disabled & have all day to spend with my bird's and often do. The problem is I'm getting bird's faster than he can build. lol:lol: PEACE

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    They are very docile to me and I love them!

As for sitters, I have not had ONE that would set eggs for me nor any inclination of being broody. Some breeders have better luck than others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by