my Sarama roo is acting sick...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sarama joe, Jul 6, 2011.

1. sarama joe

sarama joe New Egg

Jul 6, 2011
    I'm sure the temps are not helping (93 degrees), but he never behaves like this..he is panting, won't get up, poop on his tail feathers.....He was fine yesterday. I saw him drinking a little while ago.... his tail is pulsating also..I free range my chickens during the day...maybe he got into something?? Any help or advice is greatly apprieciated!! I don't want to lose him!! Checked him for mites and all looks ok......

2. sarama joe

sarama joe New Egg

Jul 6, 2011
    [​IMG] Well sadly i just went to check on Joe and things look worse....wings spread..head rolling back...still panting......it has only been a few hours since his symptoms began...CAN ANYONE ADVISE?????

3. sarama joe

sarama joe New Egg

Jul 6, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG] JOE JUST TOOK HIS LAST BREATH......HE IS GONE...I can only hope whatever he had is not transferred to the rest of my flock....I wish i could have saved him.....

4. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    i think it was the heat. he was probably extremely dehydrated. Get your birds some shade and ice cold water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by