my sebright rooster is not feeling well! what to do?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LCwilson, Nov 10, 2009.

1. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    i have a golden sebright rooster. he has always been healthy. but for the past month he has been getting sick then getting better over and over again!!!

when i say getting sick i mean not moving very much, all puffed up, eyes have a foamy discharge comming from them, sounds like he has respiratory problems. and just today his eye looked like it was crusted shut and lo and behold there was a crusty(kindof like an eye booger) over top of it. i picked it off and now his eye looks like hes blind is it. like real pale blue.

what can i do to fix this. he has been like this for about 5 days and hasnt looked any better. but not any worse either. i dont want to put him down but i feel like he is suffering. i would like to try to get him a little better is not cured but this sunday when i go to the chicken show in columbus to get him some girls. but now i dont know if i should. i might just get another sebright roo if he doesnt get any better.

PLEASE HELP ME AND HIM!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    anyone?

3. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    is anyone there?

4. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    Try an antibiotic eye ointment, and get some Duramycin to add to his water. If either will help, you should see some improvement in a day or so.

5. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    thank you! where do i get his duramycin??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by