My second (and third also now) ever paint eggs hatched!!! (pics added)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jenlynn4, Oct 22, 2011.

1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I can see white feathers sticking out!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] So that leads me to believe its going to be another spotted chick! I have my paint boy with 2 black hens, so if there are white feathers, its gonna be a paint chick! YIPPEE!!!!!!!

another paint egg is pipped...but I cant see any feathers so the anticipation is killing me!!! ONE more to go pray for all 3 to pip and hatch!!!!!! [​IMG]

Here is the first chickie that came out (my second ever paint baby):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the one that just hatched (3rd paint baby ever):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    OH and one more egg in there...I am hopeing they both hatch into spotty babies! [​IMG]

3. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

Post pics!

4. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    Quote:X2

5. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:I hope they do too!!!! Good luck![​IMG]

6. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I will definately post pics. They probably wont come out till momorrow morning. Tomorrow is officially hatch day. [​IMG]

7. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    the second paint egg has a pip! now just one more to go!

8. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Wow! Great percentage of paints!

9. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    baby 1 of three is out!!!! I can see 2 or 3 little black feathers on its back!!!! Not as spotty as my first baby, but I'll take it! They can get more spots as they mature. The second is pipped and from what I can see it looks to be paint as well!!! the will be 3 out of 3 so far! The 3rd egg I dont have much hope for because its doing NOTHING....but time will tell. Pics comming as soon as my hubby gets up! The incubator is next to our bed so I dont want to wake him. [​IMG]

10. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    OK its just the 2 paint babies...the 3rd one never pipped so I opened it up and it was dead...the head was not positioned properly and it couldnt pip. poor thing. [​IMG] So I have 2 more little paint babies! OHHHH and guess what! That makes 100% for the paint babies....all have hatched paint and no solid colors at all yet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by