My secret backyard life in town

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by DrakeJake, Jan 12, 2011.

1. DrakeJake

DrakeJake Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2011
    Thorsby Alberta
    this is my grand daughter feeding Queen Elizabeth before Trooper (bad dog) killed her in the garden under the lilac tree. actually he was play pouncing, sad but true. we were all gardening actually, Queen Elizabeth and her co-herts were scratching up the potatoes i was planting, Troop was bouncing up and down and the chickens were doing the same, like on a trampoline. i went inside to grab the phone and came out to a grisly murder scene. troop was laying next to her, head cocked wondering why she stopped the game he the other 3 chickens squawked their way back into the coup and i came in the house to cry like a baby. here is also the garden where the tragedy happened and the pen we have snuggled in between the house and the garage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]hickens.com/forum/uploads/thumbs/76413_kids_feed_chickens_016.jpg[/img][/url

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    So sorry to hear of your loss I am sure he did not do it on purpos!!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Like you stated, he was playing with her. I'm so sorry.

4. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Sorry to hear about your chicken [​IMG]

I love your set-up though! I too am in town/suburbs and not many know what REALLY goes on back there [​IMG]

5. Pickles03

Pickles03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Niagara Falls, ON
    [​IMG]

sorry about your chicken....

you have certainly used every inch of your yard...and well! Bravo..very nice set up you have.

6. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    You obviously had dear pets or members of the family and this makes the tragedy even worse. I feel for you and your family as I have also lost birds to dogs. Please accept my condolences on your loss! [​IMG]

7. DrakeJake

DrakeJake Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2011
    Thorsby Alberta
    Quote:TOO FUNNY ISNT IT, actually its not a secret as most people who know me know whts going on but im in a small hick town with a riding arena and auction so close tht its not an issue anyway. I did check the bylaws before i built (although i didnt tell them what i wanted) and unless i planned a big production there was no bylaw, so we're good and golden. the way i see it is the neighborhood dogs make more noise than the chickens do anyway and i do keep it clean. i use the poop in my gardens and the duck water too. it brings such joy to have my make shift farm in my suburban backyard. i wouldnt trade this for the nicest backyard in hollywood.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by